- The mobile app was launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- It is aimed to encourage Public engagement in planting trees and other such Green drives.
- The App provides for automatic geo-tagging of plants and will also enable nodal officers to periodically monitor the plantation.
Global Hunger Index
- Global Hunger Index (GHI) Report-2019, India was ranked at 102nd position out of 117 countries.
- The report is an annual publication that is jointly prepared by the Concern Worldwide (an Irish agency) and the Welt Hunger Hilfe (a German organization).
- The report is based on four GHI indicators namely, undernourishment, child stunting, child wasting, and child mortality.
Booker Prize 2019
Booker Prize 2019 was awarded jointly to Margaret Atwood and Bernardine Evaristo.
- “Atwood’s ”The Testament” and ”Girl, Woman, Other” by Evaristo, who is also the first black woman to win the prestigious award.
- The Booker Prize is a leading literary award in the English speaking world, which has brought recognition, reward and readership to outstanding fiction for over 50 years.
- It is awarded annually to the best novel of the year written in English and published in the UK or Ireland.
Food Safety Mitra
Food Safety Mitra (FSM) scheme to mark the occasion of World Food Day.
- The theme for the day was ‘Healthy Diets for a Zero Hunger World’.
- ‘Eat Right Jacket’ and ‘Eat Right Jhola’ initiatives were also launched to strengthen the food safety administration and to scale up the Eat Right India movement.
The Archaeological Survey of India is planning to declare the Rangdum Monastery located in Ladakh (Kargil district) as a monument of national importance.
- The move aims to look into the opportunities for expansion of tourism in the Ladakh region in the backdrop of the decision to split Jammu and Kashmir into two Union Territories.
- The Central government is looking at bringing more monuments present in this region under its direct protection and therefore it made this monastery a Centrally-protected site.