- India’s first e-waste clinic is going to be setup in Bhopal.
- The clinic would ensure scientific handling and disposal of electronic waste generate from both households and commercial establishments.
- The Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) and the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) have signed an MoU to this effect.
- It has been conceived as per the Solid Waste Management Policy, 2016.
World Cotton Day
- WTO is organizing World Cotton Day event in collaboration with FAO, UNCTAD, International Trade Centre (ITC) and International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC).
- WTO is hosting it at the request of the Cotton – 4 countries – Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad and Mali.
- It is to celebrate their official application for the recognition of 7th October as World Cotton Day by the United Nations.
- It is an opportunity for members, the private sector and the international development community to share knowledge and showcase cotton related activities and products.
Youth Co:Lab in India
- For Promoting Entrepreneurship: The initiative will convene a series of youth dialogues across several cities such as New Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Mumbai to promote entrepreneurship across India.
- Focus on Youth and SDGs: AIM and UNDP are collaborating to spread awareness about different issues pertaining to youth, the future of work and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Promoting Innovation: The initiative will convene social innovation challenges at the national and sub-national level, which will invite young people in the age group of 18-29 years and start-ups to showcase their proposed ideas and solutions to tackle some of the region’s biggest social challenges.