GIS-based India Industrial Land Bank (IILB)
#GS3 #Infrastructure and Connectivity
Context: According to Ministry of Commerce & Industry, India Industrial Land Bank will achieve pan-India integration by December 2021 as it is gaining popularity quickly.
What is the India Industrial Land Bank (IILB)?
- The India Industrial Land Bank is a GIS-based portal with all industrial infrastructure-related information such as connectivity, infra, natural resources and terrain, plot-level information on vacant plots, line of activity, and contact details.
- It acts as a one-stop repository of all industrial infrastructure-related information.
- It serves as a decision support system for investors scouting for land remotely.
- Currently, it has been integrated with industry-based GIS systems of 17 states to have details on the portal updated on a real-time basis.
- IILB has around 4,000 industrial parks mapped across an area of 5.5 lakh hectare of land and is expected to achieve pan-India integration by December 2021.
- It is under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).