Index of Industrial Production:
- The Index of Industrial Production (IIP) is an index that shows the growth rates in different industry groups of the economy in a fixed period of time.
- It is compiled and published monthly by the Central Statistical Organization (CSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- IIP is a composite indicator that measures the growth rate of industry groups classified under:
-Broad sectors, namely, Mining, Manufacturing, and Electricity.
-Use-based sectors, namely Basic Goods, Capital Goods, and Intermediate Goods.
- Base Year for IIP is 2011-2012
- The National Investigation Agency (NIA) was constituted under the National Investigation Agency (NIA) Act, 2008.
- It is a central agency to investigate and prosecute offences:
-affecting the sovereignty, security and integrity of India, security of State, friendly relations with foreign States.
-against atomic and nuclear facilities.
-smuggling in High-Quality Counterfeit Indian Currency.
- It implements international treaties, agreements, conventions and resolutions of the United Nations, its agencies and other international organisations.
- It’s objective is also to combat terror in India.
- It acts as the Central Counter-Terrorism Law Enforcement Agency.
- The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) is the regulatory body in the field of Civil Aviation, primarily dealing with safety issues.
- It is responsible for regulation of air transport services to/from/within India and for enforcement of civil air regulations, air safety, and airworthiness standards.
- The DGCA also co-ordinates all regulatory functions with the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).
- It is a part of six Scorpene submarines manufactured by Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL).
- The other submarines in Scorpene Class are INS Kalvari joined service in December 2017.
- Karanj which is in advanced stage of trials and could be ready for induction by year end.
- The remaining submarines(Vela, Vagir, and Vagsheer) in the series are in advanced stages of manufacturing and trials.
- Indian Navy has two Nuclear-powered submarines Arihant class(India) & Chakra class(Russia); 14 Diesel-electric submarines 4 German HDW(Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft) class, 9 Sindhughosh class(Kilo Class)(Indo-Russian), & 1 Kalvari class(Indo-French).