- It is an international Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) founded in London (UK) in 1961.
- It seeks to publicize violations by governments and other entities of rights recognized in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948), especially freedom of speech and of conscience and the right against torture.
- In 1977, it was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace.
- AI India is a part of the global human rights movement spearheaded by Amnesty International. It has its registered office in Bangalore (Karnataka).
- The quadrilateral formation includes Japan, India, United States and Australia.
- All four nations find a common ground of being the democratic nations and common interests of unhindered maritime trade and security.
- The idea was first mooted by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in 2007. However, the idea couldn’t move ahead with Australia pulling out of it.
UAE’s Space Mission:
- In July 2020, the UAE launched a Mars probe named Amal (Hope) from Japan, marking the Arab world’s first interplanetary mission.
-Amal is set to reach Mars in February 2021, the year UAE will celebrate 50 years of its formation.
-UAE has also set a goal to build a human colony on Mars by 2117.
-UAE is a federation of seven sheikhdoms on the Arabian Peninsula.
- In 2019, the UAE sent its first astronaut to the International Space Station.
- The Partnership (PMNCH) is a global health partnership founded in 2005.
- It is hosted at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland which joins the maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) communities into an alliance.
- The Accountability Breakfast aims to convert talk into action for the health and rights of women, children and adolescents.