- It is an apex member committee to modify or to procure any law or regulation based on the context of goods and services tax in India.
- The council is headed by the union finance minister assisted with the finance minister of all the states of India.
- It is a joint venture between SBI and AMUNDI (France), one of the world’s leading fund management companies.
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
International Day against Nuclear Tests:
- United Nations observes International Day Against Nuclear Tests on 29 August every year.
- It is observed to increase awareness and education about the effects of nuclear weapon test explosions or any other nuclear explosions and the need for their cessation as one of the means of achieving the goal of a nuclear-weapon-free world.
- 2010 marked the inaugural commemoration of the International Day against Nuclear
Jal Shakti Abhiyan:
- It is a time-bound, mission-mode water conservation campaign, launched in two phases, the first phase is from July 1, 2019 -September 15, 2019, for all participating States and the 2nd phase, will be from October 1 – November 30, 2019, for States with a retreating monsoon.
- The five key areas under the campaign include water conservation and rainwater harvesting, renovation of traditional and other water bodies, reuse, bore well recharge structures, watershed development, and intensive afforestation.