Global climate risk index 2020:
- India was ranked 5th in Global Climate Risk Index.
- The report is released by the Environment think tank, German watch
- The Sixth Schedule consists of provisions for the administration of tribal areas in Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram, according to Article 244 of the Indian Constitution.
- Passed by the Constituent Assembly in 1949, it seeks to safeguard the rights of the tribal population through the formation of Autonomous District Councils (ADC).
- ADCs are bodies representing a district to which the Constitution has given varying degrees of autonomy within the state legislature.
- The governors of these states are empowered to reorganize boundaries of the tribal areas.
- JIMEX series of exercises commenced in January 2012 with special focus on maritime security cooperation.
- It is conducted biennially between the Indian Navy and Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF)
- Public procurement platform ‘Government e-Marketplace (GeM)’ has launched a national outreach program called GeM Samvaad to attract sellers to sell products online to government buyers.
- GeM is a one-stop National Public Procurement Portal to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Central and State Government Departments / Organizations /Public Sector Undertakings ( PSUs).
- It was launched in 2016 to bring transparency and efficiency in the government buying process.
- It operates under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana:
- PMSSY was announced in 2003 with objectives of correcting regional imbalances in the availability of affordable/ reliable tertiary healthcare services and also to augment facilities for quality medical education in the country.
- The PMSSY is implemented by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- It has two components: 1. Setting up new AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) 2.Up gradation of government medical colleges in various states.
- The project cost for up gradation of each medical college institution is shared by the Centre and the state.