- Its first edition was held in 2019.
- Aim: To develop interoperability and joint operational skills through the conduct of a wide spectrum of maritime exercises and operations.
- Participants: Naval ships from both the countries along with the maritime patrol aircraft and helicopters will be participating in the exercise.
- It will be followed by the 3rd edition of India-Bangladesh Coordinated Patrol (IN-BN CORPAT), wherein both countries will undertake joint patrolling along the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL).
- CORPATs have strengthened understanding between both the navies and instituted measures to stop the conduct of unlawful activities.
National Crime Record Bureau:
- NCRB, headquartered in New Delhi, was set-up in 1986 under the Ministry of Home Affairs to function as a repository of information on crime and criminals so as to assist the investigators in linking crime to the perpetrators.
- It was set up based on the recommendations of the National Police Commission (1977-1981) and the MHA’s Task Force (1985).
- NCRB brings out the annual comprehensive statistics of crime across the country (‘Crime in India’ report).
- Being published since 1953, the report serves as a crucial tool in understanding the law and order situation across the country.
- The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) has released the annual Crime in India 2019 report.
- It is India’s first indigenously built Air CraftCarrier (Project -71) christened as INS Vikrant.
- INS Vikrant is the country’s most prestigious and largest warship project.
- It is the first aircraft carrier to be built in India.
- India currently operates the INS Vikramaditya procured from Russia.
Goods & Services Tax Council:
- Goods & Services Tax Council is a constitutional body for making recommendations to the Union and State Government on issues related to Goods and Service Tax.
- Article 279A says that President shall by order constitute a Council to be called the Goods and Services Tax Council.
Composition of GST Council:
GST Council which will be a joint forum of the Centre and the States, shall consist of the following members: –
- The Union Finance Minister – Chairperson;
- The Union Minister of State in charge of Revenue or Finance – Member;
- The minister in charge of finance or taxation or any other minister nominated by each state government – members.
- One-half of the total number of members of GSTC form quorum in meetings of GSTC. Decisions in GSTC are taken by a majority of not less than three-fourth of weighted votes cast. Centre has one-third weight age of the total votes cast and all the states taken together have two-third of weight age of the total votes cast.
- BRI consisting of the land-based belt, ‘Silk Road Economic Belt’, and ‘Maritime Silk Road’, aims to connect the East Asian economic region with the European economic circle and runs across the continents of Asia, Europe and Africa.
- BRI is China’s ambitious project announced in 2013. It covers about 65% of the world population, 60% of the world GDP and over 70 countries in six economic corridors.