Nobel Prize in Economic
- The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel is the biggest prize in economics.
- To Abhijit Banerjee & Esther Duflo of Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Michael Kremer of Harvard.
- It is for their work into the causes of poverty and their experimental approach to alleviating global poverty.
- They were also recognized for using randomized control trials to discover which educational outcomes or child health initiatives actually work.
- The project Local Treatment of Urban Sewage streams for Healthy Reuse (LOTUS-HR) is an Indo-Netherlands joint program.
- It is supported by Department of Biotechnology.
- The project aims to demonstrate a novel holistic (waste) water management approach that will produce clean water for reuse purposes.
Black Hole System
- Indian, British astronomers have recently discovered new details of black hole 10,000 light years away.
- The black hole system ‘MAXI J1820+070’ was first discovered in 2018.
- The effect of the black hole’s strong gravity and the material’s own magnetic field can cause rapidly changing levels of radiation, which are emitted from the system as a whole.
Nobel Peace Prize
The Nobel Peace Prize for 2019 has been awarded to Abiy Ahmed Ali, the Prime Minister of Ethiopia for his decisive initiative to resolve the border conflict with neighboring Eritrea.
- Abiy Ahmed Ali, the Prime Minister of Ethiopia ended 20 years war with neighboring Eritrea.
- Authorized World Skills India Training Centers (AWSITC) was recently launched by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- The centers are not just to compete in the World/India Skills competitions buts also to further develop the skilling eco-system for training candidates for the international market.
- It will help the candidates to enhance their skill as per the global standards and the training programs will be designed as per the NSFQ level, which will be industry linked.