- National Register of Citizens, 1951 is a register prepared after the conduct of the Census of 1951 in respect of each village, showing the houses or holdings in a serial order and indicating against each house or holding the number and names of persons staying therein.
- The NRC was published only once in 1951.
- The Citizenship Amendment Act 2019 is intended to help illegal migrants who came to India before 31-12-2014 – from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh – apply for Indian citizenship via a faster route if they belong to Hindu, Christian, Sikh, Jain, Parsi or Buddhist religious beliefs.
- Citizenship defines the relationship between the nation and the people who constitute the nation.
National Family Health Survey 4
- The National Family Health Survey (NFHS) is a large-scale, multi-round survey conducted in a representative sample of households throughout India.
- It is a collaborative project of the International Institute for Population Sciences(IIPS), Mumbai, India, ORC Macro, Calverton, Maryland, USA and the East-West Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW), Government of India, designated IIPS as the nodal agency, responsible for providing coordination and technical guidance for the NFHS.
- NFHS was funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) with supplementary support from the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
National Strategy for Financial Education
- It is an ambitious strategy which aims to strengthen the ecosystem for various modes of digital financial services in all Tier-II to Tier VI centres to create the necessary infrastructure to move towards a less-cash society by March 2022 by RBI.
- It aims to Create awareness and educate consumers on access to financial services, availability of various types of products and their features.