1. Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme
- This scheme is for MSMEs and MUDRA borrowers.
- Under the Scheme, 100% guarantee coverage to be provided by National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company Limited (NCGTC) for additional funding of up to Rs. 3 lakh crore to eligible MSMEs and interested MUDRA borrowers.
- The credit will be provided in the form of a Guaranteed Emergency Credit Line (GECL) facility.
- The Scheme would be applicable to all loans sanctioned under GECL Facility during the period from the date of announcement of the Scheme to 31.10.2020.
2. The Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan
- It is also called self-reliant India scheme
- It was announced in four tranches by the Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in May 2020.
- The economic stimulus relief package announced by the government is touted to be worth Rs.20 Lakh crores.
- This includes the already announced Rs 1.70 lakh crore relief package, as the PMGKY, for the poor to overcome difficulties caused by the coronavirus pandemic and the lockdown imposed to check its spread.
3. MSME classification
4. Contempt of the court
- The contempt of court law is one of the most controversial elements in the Indian legal context.
- While the basic idea of a contempt law is to punish those who do not respect the orders of the courts, in the Indian context, contempt is also used to punish speech that lowers the dignity of the court and interferes with the administration of justice.
Contempt of court can be of two kinds:
- Civil, that is the willful disobedience of a court order or judgment or willful breach of an undertaking given to a court.
- Criminal, that is written or spoken words or any act that scandalises the court or lowers its authority or prejudices or interferes with the due course of a judicial proceeding or interferes/obstructs the administration of justice.
- ICMR is India’s apex scientific body for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research.
- It was established in 1911 as Indian Research Fund Association (IRFA) making it one of oldest and largest medical research bodies in the world.
- The ICMR functions under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- It is headquartered in New Delhi.
- Its Governing Body is presided over by Health Minister.