- The National Investigation Agency (NIA) was constituted under the National Investigation Agency (NIA) Act, 2008.
- It implements international treaties, agreements, conventions and resolutions of the United Nations, its agencies and other international organisations.
- It’s objective is also to combat terror in India.
- It acts as the Central Counter-Terrorism Law Enforcement Agency.
- The Line of Actual Control (LAC) is a loose demarcation line that separates Indian-controlled territory from Chinese-controlled territory in the Sino-Indian border dispute.
- The term was first used by Zhou Enlai in a 1959 letter to Jawaharlal Nehru.
- It subsequently referred to the line formed after the 1962 Sino-Indian War, and is part of the Sino-Indian border dispute.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research
- It is one of the oldest and largest medical research bodies in the world.
- The ICMR is funded by the Government of India through the Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
4. National security council
- The National Security Council (NSC) in India is the executive agency responsible for advising the Prime Minister’s Office on issues of national security and strategic interest.
- The NSC is the apex agency in the country handling internal and external security, conventional and non-conventional defence, military affairs, counter-insurgency, space and high technology, economy, counter-terrorism and environment.
- NSA is the chief adviser to the prime minister of India on national and international security policy matters. He serves at the discretion of the Prime Minister. NSA presides over the National Security Council (NSC).
- It is a three-tiered organization consisting of Joint Intelligence Committee (JIC), Strategic Policy Group (SPG) and National Security Advisory Board (NSAB).
5. NGT(National Green Tribunal)
- The NGT has been established under the National Green Tribunal Act 2010.
- It aims for effective and expeditious disposal of cases relating to environmental protection and conservation of forests and other natural resources including enforcement of any legal right relating to the environment.
- It follows principles of Natural Justice