- A GI is primarily an agricultural, natural or a manufactured product (handicrafts and industrial goods) originating from a definite geographical territory.
- Typically, such a name conveys an assurance of quality and distinctiveness, which is essentially attributable to the place of its origin.
- Once the GI protection is granted, no other producer can misuse the name to market similar products. It also provides comfort to customers about the authenticity of that product.
- A black hole is formed when stars collapse and can be defined as a space in the universe with an escape velocity so strong that even light cannot escape it.
- Escape velocity is the speed at which an object must travel to override a planet or an object’s gravitational force.
Main features of black holes:
- Since light cannot get out, black holes are invisible and can only be tracked with the help of a space telescope or other special tools.
- Light cannot escape from black holes because the gravity inside a black hole is very strong as a result of a lot of matter being squeezed into a small space.
Purchasing Manager’s Index (PMI):
- PMI is an indicator of business activity- in the manufacturing and services sectors.
- It is a survey-based measure that asks the respondents about changes in their perception about key business variables as compared with the previous month.
The PMI is a number from 0 to 100:
- PMI above 50 represents an expansion when compared to the previous month;
- PMI under 50 represents a contraction, and
- A reading at 50 indicates no change.
- The Centre for Augmenting WAR with COVID-19 Health Crisis (CAWACH) is an initiative by the National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- CAWACH supports innovations in the areas of diagnostics, devices, informatics including bio-informatics & information management systems, any intervention for the control of COVID-19 and/or startup ideas to address/mitigate various challenges faced by country/society due to the severe impact of COVID-19.
- It offers funding to the tune of Rs. 50 lakhs to Rs. 200 lakhs to selected startups.