Examine the issues in Indian border management. Also discuss the significance of technology in border management.
Border management is the first line of defense against the movement of terrorists across borders and the illegal cross-border movement of goods and cargo.
Issues in Indian border management
- This porosity of Indian borders facilitates various illegal activities such as smuggling, trafficking of humans, drugs and arms and infiltration.
- Political issues with Bangladesh created political sensitivity along the border.
- Continuous issues with neighboring countries shows the need to strengthen the security forces in the border making border management difficult.
- Lack of critical infrastructure prevent the deployment of hi-tech equipment
- Security forces lack resources this deficiency limits their efficiency
Significance of technology in border management
- For better detection and interception technology have to be integrated with existing systems
- Blockchain technology can help quickly and securely process transactions, it also makes much easier to identify and trace illegitimate trade.
- It will improve intelligence inputs
- It help to detect infiltration via all means
If the borders are safe and stable only then can the country enjoy economic and social prosperity.
Courses we offer :
- UPSC Civil Services Coaching ( We are the best top rated IAS Academy in Vijayawada and Andhra Pradesh by Times of India Excellence award)
- Degree with IAS (BA and BSc plus UPSC Coaching)
- Inter with IAS (Sarat Chandra Junior College provides intermediate plus UPSC Coaching with HEC, MEC, CEC along with CLAT, IIT HSEE, IPMAT)